Friday, March 30, 2012

A not-so-brilliant idea

This week I was so school orientated. This is boring stuff but needs to be documented for the sake of all you people who think I do nothing but lay on the beach (I haven't been in a week!!) I ended up on campus every day this week. Yep my Tues-Thurs week turned into a Monday-Friday week, thanks to leadership seminars, a quiz, and a group project. Proof.that.I.do.work:)

Anyways so you can imagine that by Friday afternoon, I was like, "no.more.school." Here comes the not-so-brilliant idea part. I was on campus with my laptop, but rather than bring it home like a normal person I decided I would just get on a random bus headed in the direction of Macquarie Park. In my head I was thinking, "Oh, pretty park with trees, playgrounds, etc". Apparently I should have done a little more research as the bus dropped me off in the middle of an corporate park. So.not.the.same. Then I did the smart thing and just started walking. Without consulting a map. I don't know why I never learn but sometimes I just get the "feeling" that I'm headed in the right direction. Those "feelings" are ALWAYS wrong. But I went anyways. After a while I decided to consult my map. It did appear that there was in fact a park that appeared not too far, however I was headed in the wrong direction. The entire time looking completely out of place on main roads through a business area. Except what looked like not too far on the map and how far it actually was, also different. A mile later, I still had found no park, but I did find a train station. So I gave up and went shopping. Always a good idea. I ended up in Chatswood. And there are THREE separate shopping malls along the main strip...of more shops. Too much, even for an experienced shopper like myself.....

Last pair, on sale, in my size, love at first sight. It was fate.

So on the original "bad idea bus ride" I had the bus to myself....it basically was like a giant, not so classy limo.
And now off to the beach:) ALWAYS a brilliant idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment