Sunday, March 11, 2012

oh dear....

Blogging has became another form of procrastination. Like I needed another one. Dang. Oh well, I promised pictures....and I never break a promise, so reading and mini assignment will have to wait:)

This weekend was fabulous. Three days in a row of gorgeous weather. I fell in love with Australia all over again. So here we go. Weekend in pictures......

You know it's gonna be a good day when you start it with Chatime. Passion fruit green iced tea. YUM. Ps. they do a lot more passion fruit over here...or maybe I just never notice it in the states?
 I took two trains and a bus out to an area of Sydney called Watson's Bay. It is a gorgeous/ritzy area with amazing houses all with fabulous views of the coast/city. I spent the whole bus ride gawking out the window and picking out my house....In the same area they have cliffs that they call the Gap. Not entirely sure why...but it was SO PRETTY. (Andrea I'm super bummed you didn't make it out there while you were here...come back:)) So taking pictures to share with you was easy-peasy and I actually took like 50,000....but here are a few.

Cliffs are amazing...and photogenic.

I'm pretttttyyyy sure that's the Black Pearl. no joke:)

City skyline...and church steeple.

Apparently this is my go to pose...I might want to look into changing it as it looks lameo.
(ps. this was self-timered from a rock.i'm awesome.)

Stupid fences kept me from climbing down the cliff face to lay out on these rocks. But they looked spectacular with the waves crashing over them.

Epic cliffs.

Cool flowers. I wanted to have a little fairy friend so that she could wear one has a hat. Yep that's how my mind works.

I LOVE THE OCEAN AND CLIFFS AND SUN. you can't tell from this picture but I was ridiculously enjoying this day...

City skyline

Limestone? maybe? my geology skills are wayyy lacking. but cool rocks for sure.



I would be okay if this was my 'hood.



Did I ever mention TOMs are NOT waterproof...so sidewalks covered in water=shoes off.

This rock was like "Meghan com sit on me", but alas this stupid fence was in my way. And I  soooo could have jumped it but according to my tourist book these cliffs are a known suicide spot....and I didn't want to be mistaken as one of THOSE peeps.
So I resisted:(

I try and take artsy shots...and they end up looking like the ocean with some leaves in the corner.

Cute boats.

Watson's Bay. (Ps. mom and dad they are supposed to have really good fish and chips here so remind me that we should go when you're here...)

Don't you wish YOU had a swimming pool with that view?

Of course a sunny day isn't complete without a little time on a random neighborhood beach:)

There were two beaches my tour guide mentioned in the area....and one of them was a nude beach. So I'm wandering trying to find the NON-nude beach and I was kinda terrified I would accidentally stumble upon the nude one. Like do they have warnings about that kind of thing? Or is it just like all of the sudden, bam! you realize everyone is nakie?
My lizard friend from the bus stop:)

Pretty sweet day right? I thought so. That wasn't even all:) This is just when I stopped taking pictures....went and hung out with some friends of friends of friends. needless to say met some new people:) But had some interesting convos about all things European. And made some new BFFs on the train. They had good taste in music. And I am currently jamming to some new bands. So go have a convo with a random person. It's fun. And I write only in simple sentences.

Today I just have to tell you about my Japanese food eating experience because it is oh so funny. Jamie (another Mac Uni student) and I went out to lunch in Eastwood. Finally found a restaurant that had the menu in English and Asian language symbols too. It happened to be Japanese, I was like let's try something new! Only Jamie has actually spent a year in Japan....so she's like 1/2 Japanese:) Or just really awesome at speaking Japanese, eating with chopsticks, and knowing what the heck they served us! Anyways, it just ended making me look even more like a lame American, but it was fun and mostly delicious! So first I tried to pour tea. And let me tell you, from a teapot it's harder than it looks!!! Tea went everywhere, but the cups. Then we get our food and I literally only pick up my chopsticks and the waitress was like "You want fork?", apparently my technique was sooo horrible she could tell in the first 3 seconds. And the "delicious" shashimi (aka raw fish) was not my fav:) But a fun experience!

Okay. Enough about my awesome life. And back to work. After facebook, and emails, and blog-stalking, and pinterest, and probably some other new form of procrastination:)

No comments:

Post a Comment