Friday, March 16, 2012

Is this real life??

WARNING: this post may make you jealous and/or catch the next flight to Sydney.

Actually that's probably not true. If I was eloquent and able to do magic things with words, maybe...but sadly that is not the case. And seeing as how I forgot to put the memory card back in my camera...no pictures exist of this day either. Probably by the end of this post you'll just hate me. Oh well, today was just too fabulous not to share.

So the weather reports have been calling for rain all weekend. This morning did not look especially promising, but it had been almost a week since I had some beach in my life and I was feeling withdrawls. And I like to live on the edge so I risked it and headed to a brand new (to me) beach called Nielsen Park. It turned out to be a super cute netted harbor beach. With heaps of "elderly" people doing their laps with their swimcaps and goggles. The fashion was pretty intense here:) But anyways the clouds cleared up and it turned into a BEAUTIFUL day.
After my morning/afternoon at the beach I met up with Dave, a guy who's mate owns/his family owns a boat. I don't know how it all worked out but anyways let's just go with: I ended up on a sailboat. (Staci pointed out that it sounds like I just met a random dude and decided to follow him to a boat...I'm not THAT naieve people...It was a guy I knew!!!)  It was my first sailing experience and let me tell you, it was spectacular. Loved it. There is no better feeling than being on a boat with the wind whipping through your hair. Although it was a super windy evening and I was at times worried 1. the whole boat was going to tip 2. I was going to end up swimming in the harbor, rather than sailing in it. But seriously so fun. Perhaps more fun because I just got to sit there rather than do any work to actually help the boat sail, but whatevs....I apparently am not overly feminist. And then we ate dinner at the yacht club...which was really just a restaurant by the harbor...but it sounds waaaayyy cooler when you call it a yacht club:)
So my Friday was fabulous....hopefullly yours is/was too:)

P.s. I just remembered this one guy took a pic...so of course I'm stealing it. That's me...in the way corner. doing nothing. and that's where I was pretty much the whole time....except for when I was desperately trying NOT to fall out of the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment