Tuesday, March 6, 2012

buses.ruin.lives.

Tuesdays I have an evening lecture. Being the studious girl that I am I stayed home during a gorgeous day of sunshine yesterday and did laundry and caught up on reading/lectures, so today I was not about to waste day 2 of sunshine (after 4 days of rain!!!). So I headed to Manly...more on that later. But I rushed home so that I could make it to my lecture tonight. I threw on clothes and threw together dinner then headed for my perfectly timed bus, 5 min early. 15 minutes after the bus was supposed to come and still no sign of it I booked it to the other, more frequent bus. Only to see a bus come 2 minutes early when I was still across the street. Thinking maybe the next one would be early too and that I would only be semi-late to class I waited. And watched not 1 or 2, but 3 buses pass in the opposite direction!!! Then 5 minutes late the bus I needed finally arrived. By the time I got to campus I was so angry/late that I didn't even go to class. gr.
I actually really liked my outfit I threw on over all the sand I had still stuck to me.
And since no one in my class got to enjoy it...you do:) p.s. don't mind that there is a glow coming from behind my head or that I'm blurry?? but do notice the super cute bird by my mirror complements of the sista!!!

ok. rant over. sorry I know you've already heard multiple bus rants and this probably won't be the last, but today was a bad one. Well it was actually a pretty bombdiggety day/period-of-time-since-my-last-blog before the bus ruined my life.
Sooooo good stuff:) 
The start to my day....ahhhh. love.


Freshwater Beach. Which is neighbors to Manly....only like 5,000 vertical steps separate them.hello leg workout.



P.E. would have been sooo much better if we had gotten to play sand volleyball on the beach!!! (well maybe not for me...if any of you have had the privilege of playing v-ball with moi:)

And a lil something from my weekend. Friday was delicious Thai dinner, bowling, then Cheeky Chocolate with some of the fabulous Sydney friends.  Saturday night me and some of my uni mates decided to hit up the Mardi Gra parade in downtown Sydney. Of course it was raining, as it had been for like 2 days straight before that too. And of course that what the rest of Sydney did on Saturday night too. It was cray.say. up in there!!! The parade started out as a LGBTQi protest and now is a ridiculously long parade and supposedly the most insane after-party ever. We left like half-way through the parade for milkshakes:) But we had plenty of entertainment anyways:) 
Best.view.ever. It took some serious looking through heads to see the parade. taking pictures was out of the question.


Picture of other people taking pictures. epic.

trying to stay dry...and mostly failing. (p.s. this is Louise(left) and Yasmen(right) they are awesome. and  I post pics of them here without their permission....so don't hate me please:)

So people were selling those clasy blue stools for $10. and at first everyone was like no way!! what a rip off.....this is much later....

Sooooo many people. check it. far left. pink blob=man in a bunny suit. it's better if you just stop asking why...
Thank goodness I have things like. fabulous friends. sunny days. skype dinners with the fambam. and beaches to keep a smile on my face. Hopefully something in your day put a smile on your lips today as well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment