Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dunedin

@*&#@&^%!@)#*^~)*!@^#&*@#%~   <time machine to...MY LAST DAYS IN NEW ZEALAND!!!!

That's over a month after I left New Zealand I'm doing my last blog post about it. phew. And Dunedin was a fabulous way to end a fantastic 2 weeks in NZ....

So I had been to Dunedin before. I spent 2 weeks there with my sister like 2 years ago, and the first time I fell in love and round two was pretty fab too. It was nice after 2 weeks of traveling to brand new places to get to Dunedin and have things at least look familiar, even though I still had mostly no idea where anything was...
Since I had been here before and I was still feeling sickish. I was pretty pathetic. And most of my time in round 2 of Dunedin was spent eating. don't judge:) And my camera was still dead and I was too lazy to charge it. So the one time I did wander about I snapped some not so fab pics on my phone. enjoy....

Otago Boys High School? Some high school anyways...but it made Highland look pretty lame...

Insert your favorite quote about life here...
(mine would be: Life is not about proving the perfections, it's about improving the imperfections.)

Looking out to the harbor...from the top of a VERY steep, long hill. you best enjoy this view, because it was hard work:)

Oh you wanted to see up my nose? Ok here you go!

More of the city....and whaaa??sunlight?

Either everywhere else in the world is more artsy or I just miss all of the awesome random street paintings in az....

Be jealous. most delicious pancake.ever. and I still had 1/2 of it left to go!!!!

I was thisclose to convincing myself that another tour was necessary...just for the free chocolate. but I resisted.
Train station...oh so lovely still.

You knew it was coming:)

Apparently I liked this door??this is what happens when you wait a month to look at your pictures...

mmm.lovely.

MOM!! these are for you!!! So apparently they are molars in the "mouth of the harbor" made out of this kind of rock that is supposed to decay over time...

Looks like they already need some fillings;)

And the eating continues. Dunedin was the only place I found cheese rolls. And I managed to eat 3 while I was there. win.
And that my friends was New Zealand...in a long sporadic nutshell:) A fabulous place if you ever head over in this direction. You could definitely spend MUCH longer than two weeks there, in fact I encourage you to. The people are lovely, the scenery: gorgeous, and the food: delicious. You can get beaches, bush, city, mountains, small towns, adventure, wineries, castles, trains, sheep, cows, basically they've got it all:) Go check it out!!!! and take me with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment