Monday, March 26, 2012

Yum.Cha.

Sunday I was introduced to the fabulousness that is Yum Cha. For those of you who are in the dark as I was, "Yum cha (simplified Chinese: 饮茶; traditional Chinese: 飲茶), also known asBan ming (品茗), is a Chinese style morning or afternoon tea, which involves drinking Chinese tea and eating dim sum dishes. Yum cha in Cantoneseliterally means "drink tea", while ban ming is a more poetic "tasting of tea".
In the US and UK, the phrase dim sum is often used in place of yum cha; in Cantonese, dim sum (點心) refers to the wide range of small dishes, whereasyum cha, or "drinking tea", refers to the entire meal." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum_cha as always I can be counted on for reliable, well-thought out research.ha.)
You're welcome. But anyways, lesson aside. It was such a fun and delicious experience. And of course being the fail blogger that I am I forgot to take any pictures. But here is one to help your imagination

Ps. Someone please find/recommend(and then apologize for hiding it from me for so long) a yummy place in AZ, kthanks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment