Saturday, March 17, 2012

The day I almost did nothing...

(that blog title was sooo enticing right??)

Today was pretty pathetic. I woke up for a skype date. Went back to bed. Woke up and did some school work. And other various things that mostly are just a waste of time. And before I knew it, it was like 2 in the afternoon!! I was still in my p.j.s.....then I looked at myself in the mirror (it was hard because I didn't have my contacts in and my hair was frightening) and told myself "Meghan, you are in Australia. Don't let a little rain make you waste an entire day in your bedroom." Yep, it was one of those days where it took a pep talk in the mirror to get going:)

But thank goodness I pulled it together and got myself downtown to the Haymarket, because that place is like a mini-party!!! There was an outlet mall sorta thing attached to a massive swap-meet-style shopping center. I love the stalls of random goodness/pointless stuff that end up at those kind of places. Perfect for a rainy day!!! So I was like jamming along and then all of the sudden I stumbled on the food portion. best. thing. ever. Imagine.....rows and rows of fresh produce. heaps of (mostly) Asian people trying to sell the same things all at different prices. them shouting the prices. faster and louder in an attempt to get you to buy more? Seriously this one lady ended up sounding like she was screaming at me to buy to random fruit!! It was semi-frightening, but on the whole extremely entertaining! And I got a whole bag of taters for $1...holla!!

And then I remembered I should take some pics for my poor pathetic blog.

Produce extravaganza!!!

I would like you all to pretend that this is a super artsy shot and that I meant for it to be completely blurry. kthanks.

This really cool alley with epic looking clouds, too bad Mr. legit-looking-photographer wouldn't get out of my way
 ....see right hand corner.


Paddy's Market/Haymarket/Market City....I'm pretty sure they were all the same thing. I could be completely mistaken though.

So there are benefits to getting dressed and leaving the house...even on a rainy Saturday:) 

P.S. here comes a spiel about how lame St. Patrick's Day is. Everyone always complains that Valentines Day is just made up so that stores can make money...but at least it's celebrating LOVE!!! I mean come on what is St. Patty's day even celebrating? drinking? classy. And that whole pinching thing? what are we five?? And some people just don't look good in green. What are they supposed to do? So yes, I left the house wearing pink. win. And am wishing you a happy March 17th. But I won't pinch you if you don't wear green or if you even forget it St. Paddy's day all together:)

PSS/PPS. (not sure which one it is..) Sorry if I just completely offended you because 1. you are Irish. 2. you love St. Paddy's day. Please feel free to enlighten me on why the heck it's even a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment