Friday, March 9, 2012

Picton

~!^&$#~*&%@)~(!%@~&%#^!%@*!^@     <the epic time machine strikes again. try February 9th/10th?? (can't remember exactly...but whenever I left off the last time.)

So I have been really good at slacking these backlogged New Zealand posts..honestly you've probably already forgotten that I went there. And the motivation to make them witty and clever is completely gone. But for my horrible memories sake. here we go:

Picton is a little town on the tippy-top (highly educated geographical term there..) of the south island of New Zealand. Probably the only reason it exists is because the ferry from the north island lands here. And it would be a bummer place to live unless you had a boat. Then again I'm convinced boats always make lives better. So not a whole lot to do here, but I didn't have a whole lot of time so worked out all right. 

Can't remember if I told you yet....but the ferry ride across is GORGEOUS. It's like green hilly cliffs dropping off into the ocean. Lovely. Three hours across and I spent most of it glued to the window. Got into Picton kind of late but luckily my hostel was like a 2 minute walk from the ferry terminal and all the Picton creepers had gone to bed for the night (kidding, not sure Picton even has creepers...). 

Hostels are funny little places. If you think about it they all offer beds, kinda crappy bathrooms, mostly functional kitchens, and other odds and ends to try and attract the widest array of travelers you will ever see. This one in particular cracked me up though. They went with an underwater theme, and let me tell you at "Atlantis", EVERYTHING was themed. epic. But the lady who owned it had the best hair ever and called everyone sweetie. So if you're ever in Picton...hit it up:)

Hostel commercial over. For part of my 1/2 day in Picton it rained. So the two German girls and myself who had every intention of exploring all Picton had to offer changed our minds:) (p.s. this is when I first learned how to open Andrea's umbrella! Yay. super awkward moment when I'm like..."guys, I can't get my umbrella open...")

please enjoy pretty pictures from Picton (and my epic alliteration skills!)

View coming over on the ferry. Through the window because it was cold:)

And more....trust me I don't do it justice.

Picton harbor....standing on the shore looking out.

Picton. I think pretty much everyone DOES own a boat.

View from a bridge + a lot of boats.

Me on said bridge. I was happy promise. Not sure why the grumpy face.

Who can resist a feet picture....

The same ferry I came in on.

Bob's Bay....ya they pretty much rock at naming things:)

ferry, ferry, CRUISE SHIP. those things are huge!!!
And that was Picton....Bob's Bay was a little tramp I did right before my bus came,,,,it had kinda sorta stopped raining. And then it was a not so fun long bus ride to Christchurch. These next few are from some random town we stopped in along the way that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of. There were lots of vowels and it was Maori...that's all I got. But it was unspectacular so no need to go visit:)
Fog/mist/rain

Rocks. I kinda thought they were epic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment