Friday, March 2, 2012

I have become a user.

Mine isn't as cool as this one though:(
An umbrella user that is....
It has been raining /drizzling/wet for the past three days and it looks like it could for a few more. And let me tell you, as a girl born and raised in AZ, all this rain is a whole new experience. Umbrella culture is something I know nothing about. I sent Andrea off to the train station with our only umbrella, so yesterday I bought my first umbrella ever!!! Weird right? 

Umbrellas stink. Honestly you would think someone would have invented floating plastic bubbles or something by now. Here are some things that I never even knew about but actually REALLY stink about umbrellas:
1. Umbrella crashes. They are real and they are hazardous...everyone forgets that they have and extra foot of width all around them and the result is not good.
2. Umbrella arm cramps. Your arm is bent up like forever and you can't unbend it or you get wet! Apparently I need to up my umbrella user workout.
3. Inside umbrella usage. When you finally get inside somewhere you have this awkward wet umbrella. SO what do you do? Carry it around dripping everywhere? You can't put it in your purse because its all wet! And sometimes places have buckets to put them in but then it's hard to find it afterwards! 
4. Hand occupancy. Carrying an umbrella just makes it 20x more difficult to carry/do anything else while your walking because you have one less hand!!
5. Umbrella remembering. Just one more thing you have to remember to always have with you, and to not forget when you set it on your chair at a restaurant. This is the one I have officially failed at, as after one day of owning an umbrella I have already left it. Thankfully waitresses are good at noticing these things and giving it to other people you were at Cheeky Chocolate (super fun/funky desert place) with. So my umbrella and I should be reunited tomorrow.

Here is to all the things Australia is teaching me that I never would have expected. Cheers:)

No comments:

Post a Comment