Sunday, April 1, 2012

mmmm...saturdays

I love a good, sunny Saturday like none other. Yesterday was a perfect example.

I went to Glebe (yep, say it out loud, because it's fun). Which turned out to be the cutest, quirky suburb ever. It's just outside the city center and they have the most amazing Saturday market EVER. Well I thought so anyways. It's filled with funky vintage clothes, antiques, food, and other random quirkiness. Seriously I kinda fell in love. And then I remembered just in time that I was poor. Then I resisted. So much self-restraint was used that it was probably unhealthy and for sure exhausting. After looking at everything and buying nothing (ok. that's a lie. I crumbled...but just one(1) little scarf.) I treated myself to an afternoon nap at the beach. Although some of the fabulous ones I've been to were calling my name, I made myself try a new one. Of course, it was fabulous and sunny and perfect too. I keep waiting for one to be bad, hasn't happened yet.

Sydney has some serious graffiti. It's legit.

Kinda looked like someone emptied their living room onto this random wall in the middle of town and was trying to sell the contents(I took the creepster style pic so they wouldn't get offended/think I was interested in buying their up "stuff")...lamp anyone?

Again with the random street art.

Glebe market....encased by a rainbow fence. You KNOW that's a good sign.


Um. this guy wanted to take my picture....when I said no thanks, he was like ok take one of me then. And then we had a nice lil chat. Then he asked where I lived. And then I ran away.

Glebe has a ballin park.

Speaking of parks....

Marouba Beach.

And the other side..

Awesome flowers.

I have yet to have a bad one. Seriously if you are ever in  Cali, Minnesota,  New York, China,  Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, or Canada...hit them up:)

And then...other exciting news from Saturday night/ Sunday morning....I survived my very first clock change for day-light savings time!!!!! Being that Arizona doesn't change time ever, this was my first one. And I was actually kinda nervous, I mean you always hear about people that forget, and it actually took quite a while for me to figure out which way we were going, forward or back.so stressful...I wasn't sure if my phone would do it automatically, but I randomly woke up (I seriously think it might have been the nerves...it was a big deal) right before 3, when it was supposed to change and so I watched my phone go from 2:59 to 2:00 again. It was actually pretty epic. And so I got an extra hour of sleep!!! Since I won't be here when they go in the other direction does that mean I get to keep my hour forever?? And now there is only a 15, 17, well still a really big time difference between here and home....perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment