Sunday, April 29, 2012

Australian Mexican Food

....or more correctly, Australia's lack of Mexican Food.

Australia has a pretty diverse mix of food. They do pretty much everything and from what I've tasted they do most things pretty tastily. However they haven't quite figured out Mexican food or anything from South America either, or Texas style bbq....but anyways we'll focus on Mexican for today. Granted Mexico is kind of far away, but they figured out burgers and fries so surely they could venture a little further south. To be honest I have had some decent tacos, but the Chipotle wanna-be-restaurant =no bueno. And anything like enchiladas?? They would be like encha-who? So after three months my Mexican food craving was getting a little out of control, so I thought I would venture into the kitchen and whip up some enchiladas....then I went to the grocery store.

They don't even call them tortillas!!!!!!What the heck are mini wraps Australia??
And the normal looking sour cream came in a carton like this, except of course it said sour cream instead of 2% milk.....
What am I supposed to do with LIQUID sour cream?!?
 (ps. it's so weird I couldn't even find a picture of it on google images....)
I wasn't ready to tackle liquid sour cream so I adjusted my plans and went to look for a can of beans. Oh wait, neither of the grocery stores I went to had black beans, or refried even though I didn't want to eat them and was just checking for research purposes....Mexican food fail.
But I ended up with theses...and they were pretty tasty so I've been temporarily satisfied.
Yum.
Note to readers: Before you come visit Australia eat some Mexican food, because as soon as you can't have it you want it all the more. If you live in Australia, come to the states or Mexico and make eating real Mexican food one of your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment