Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Surfer's Paradise

So actually this post should probably be titled Burrleigh Heads, but its a long-ish story. Let me explain.
I was totally loving Coolangatta, gorgeous nice hostel, awesome people. But I forced myself to move on because usually even though you are traveling and find a place you could stay for a month...the next place is equally as awesome. So I dragged my bum up to Surfer's thinking fabulousness awaited me. And I was mostly disappointed. Surfer's is like the Vegas of Australia....except less awesome than Vegas. My hostel was mostly scuzzy, there is not a whole lot to do besides lay on the beach...or get wasted. It was a little too cold for the beach and well the other option....not what I wanted either. So my first day in Surfer's consisted of me being grumpy and taking ZERO pictures in protest. Day two in Surfer's I actually left Surfer's and therefore had a better day...in a place between Surfer's and Coolangatta called Burrleigh Heads....
Closer to the city a wee bit.

 
Gorgeous little national park along the coast.




TURKEY.


And there's the sun!!!!



So I took in some gorgeous views and it actually was sunny and warm enough to lay on the beach. Then back to Surfer's for the night. However some girls I had met in Coolangatta ended up staying in the same room as I was in. And we partied like we were British....well they just partied like normal and I partied like I was British:) And trust me if this is your idea of a party....
....we do not have the same idea of a party.


No comments:

Post a Comment