Saturday, April 7, 2012

five.thousand.words.

You might think that 5,000 words is nothing. But when you are me, and 5,000 words is the number of words that it is going to take to complete your three essays, 5,000 words is the equivalent of Everest...and though I've never climbed Everest, I'm thinking 5,000 words might be harder for me.

If you have never had the privilege of being around while I'm writing an essay, thank your lucky stars. It's the worst. I get into essay writing mode. It helps if I am: fully dressed. hair is up. wearing shoes. listening to my writing playlist with headphones (a list of 4 Josh Groban songs that I can't sing along with because they are not in English and it has to be headphones...out loud is not the same). usually contorted like a pretzel around my laptop. have banned myself from facebook, pinterest, emails, phone. Ya, it's a lot of prep work......then I simply stare at my computer. I don't understand it but it's like an extreme form of ADD comes out when I have to write essays. I have been known to sit down for like an hour and produce two sentences. I can't even explain what I do or why words refuse to come out of me. Because I went through two years of A.P. English where writing essays was standard and happened quite regularly. I busted out this blog post in like two minutes flat. I can talk your ear off all the day long if you want me to. But I can't write 3 essays which total a measly 5,000 words.

Actually you are getting this blog post because it was my reward for getting 1/2 way through one essay...and another one is 1/2 way too, so technically only like 3,250 words to go:)

All right. It's time. I'm going back in.

I wrote that a while ago. then just got back here realized I never posted it and have yet to write anything. proof that I fail:(

No comments:

Post a Comment