Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Saturday at the Farmer's Market

So I was having a bit of a post-holiday slump. Granted my one day of class week wasn't exactly killer, but let's remember what we both already know: I'm kind of pathetic. But anyways. Today was a lovely Saturday so I went off to the Eveleigh farmer's market. It was just what I needed. I.love.farmer's.markets. And this one was especially good. It was filled with people dressed cute with their cute reusable bags riding their cute bicycles. I felt cuter just by association. It was held in an old railway building which was also awesome. I got some delicious pesto, and the cute old man who sold it to me threw in some free homemade pasta too....so I'm psyched about dinner. And some falafel too....for some reason I currently love the stuff, although I'm pretty sure I've never eaten it before I got here. They also had the most gorgeous fresh flowers that they wrapped in brown paper when you bought some, and I soooo wanted some to top of my farmer's market experience except I wandered a bit after and wasn't sure they would survive my wanderings and the train ride home. So I resisted. But in case you were ever wondering I love fresh flowers(hint,hint). Seriously they just like brighten your day! This lovely little Saturday was just what I needed to boost my spirits and remind me of the goodness that is Sydney. 
in the midst of fabulousness....

DELICIOUS mango, cane juice frappe. (yes, I'm too lazy to re-upload this the right way...)

old railway carriage works.

I'm in love with old buildings. 

Don't you want to live here? And walk to the farmer's market every Saturday??

eveleigh.
Wishing a lovely Saturday to those of you that haven't had one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment