Tuesday, May 15, 2012

West Side

I found this from ages ago....oops. And it has a twin, long-lost, forgotten blog sister who will be joining the world wide web shortly as well.

So anyways, remember that time I went to Perth? like a month ago? Well here is some more of that land in Western Australia known as Perth.

I can't really remember what I told you about Perth already, but guessing from these pics I have yet to mention Kings Park and the Perth mint. Kings Park is, according to local legends...and perhaps facts, the largest inter-city park. While I can't tell you for sure if that is true, I can tell you it is pretty freaking huge. And gorgeous. And Sunday picnics there rock, as do: leisurely strolls, sunning by the water garden, views from the quirky, random set of DNA stairs.
flowers. I thought they were cool....it has a really sweet selection of fauna from all over Australia.
(please note the use of fauna. yes it's awesome.)

Stairs. Side note: I love mosaics. Someone please let me mosaic a wall in their house. kthanks.

Anzac memorial, or simply war memorial. can't remember...

View from the park of downtown Perth.

And again.

So much river. And imagine epic bike trails all around it. So lovely.

There is my face and Perth. 

Before mentioned DNA stairs.

View from said stairs.
And again. I couldn't figure out what the super long stretch of grass was for, but it was quite a nice random long stretch of grass...

To top off my touristy exploration of Perth I hit up the Perth mint. To which many Perthians were like, "Whaaa....we have a mint??" Which just goes to show, being a tourist sometimes rocks. Because we learn about random things like mints. If you are planning an Ocean's 11, 12, or 13 type robbery in Perth, the mint would so be the place to hit up. Seriously I have never seen so much gold in my life(not that gold and I come into regular contact anyways...) They have heaps of pretty nuggets from all over the world on display and quite large chunks of the stuff straight from the ground as well. ANd you get to watch them heat up gold and pour a bar which is pretty sick. So while I walked away no richer, and in fact $15 poorer. I rather enjoyed my trip to the mint.
Unfortunately, these are just gold nugget fakers and they did not let me get this close to any of the real things. But seriously just imagine stumbling across one of these suckers. Had to have made their days.

My buddies Lachlan and Hamish.
 (No I don't know their real names, but I feel like vague general names for dudes here would be Lachlan and Hamish instead of like Bob and Joe in the states. Seriously you may think I'm kidding, but those names are everywhere!)

Casing the building for my return visit.....hahaha.kidding.

But seriously, Norcross 11 anyone??

The only shiny thing I got from the mint:(
And that was some more of Perth....the rest coming shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment