Sunday, May 20, 2012

Taronga Zoo

So I may or may not be almost 2 weeks behind on this blog thing. fail. But in my defense it has been a cray.say. busy time and from what I'm hearing it sounds like everyone back home has been uber busy too, so you're probably just now looking at this going "I definitely didn't even realize Meghan had been a fail blogger." And if that was you well then disregard everything I've said so far:)

Anyways, a while ago Elisabeth came to visit. I think I told you...and we went to the zoo. And oh, ya I got my camera working again. So here are the pictures that accompany that particular adventure.

It was seriously like the best weather ever. SO SUNNY!!! hence the awkward sunny picture of us on the ferry to the zoo.
The bride from the ferry....I just can't resist taking pictures of it.
love.this.view.
oh.hey. its the zoo!!!
After hopping off the ferry we rode the sweet cable car to the entrance of the zoo.

SUN!!!!!!!!!
And got views like this....
and this.

Ferry+cable car=best way to get to a zoo ever.
Coolest turtle/tortoise ever.
(I admit I cannot recall the difference and have no idea which one this is....but it was big! does that make a difference?)
First notice the giraffe's head....then check out the AWESOME view behind him.
The giraffe's for sure have the coolest view of the city....I hope they appreciate it.
I love the Phoenix Zoo....but sadly it doesn't have a view quite like this...
AWWW!!! how can you not love an elephant that does tricks?!?
no big deal, just an emu walking like 2 feet in front of me.
At the bird show. Again not sure why I subject myself to these....

Mini-hippo....actually I'm pretty sure it had a different name and there was specifically a sign that said "more than just a mini-hippo. But lets be honest....it's a mini hippo.
I think I look wayyyy better with these giant ears.
So the glass+crappster camera effect is not the look I was going for but this tiger was staring us down
and was pretty much SO CUTE.
Lions.(and tigers, and bears.oh.my.....couldn't resist.)
I'm thinking the lions try and scratch their way out on a regular basis....
Random animal that I had never seen before and can no longer remember the name of.
Ferry ride back to the city.
Because I simply cannot resist taking pics of this...and it's been a while since you've seen one on here!!! well maybe...
And that folks was the zoo. While I'm not sure I would put it at the top of your list of things to do in Sydney, I would definitely put it on there!!!! So like I end most blog posts...get your bum to Sydney:)



No comments:

Post a Comment