Saturday, May 5, 2012

Rugby

On my list of must-dos while in Australia was go see a rugby game. Once again I have been successful. Saturday afternoon I met up with some girls from uni, and Sarah being the awesome local that she is took two clueless girls to a local rugby club for a match. Apparently we watched shute shield?? which is the level right below the professional level. I'm thinking that it compares to like minor league baseball instead of major league. Anyways so this was rugby union, as opposed to rugby league and then there is AFL (Australian rules football) which I thought was also similar but apparently is completely different. Don't ask me to explain all the differences because I can't. But I did kinda sorta learn how rugby union works. And I loved it. Sorry football fans, but rugby is probably better! And no not just because the boys wear short shorts and no pads:)

Even though we were completely clueless about how to get in (since it was a rugby club we like had to be with a member and sign in and all this jazz), how to order food (weird restaurant/bar combo and you could only have food/drinks in certain places, and Sarah was te only one who had any clue what was happening on the field, we had a total blast.
Pro-rugby-rules teacher Sarah, and Katie who sadly was not as clueless about rugby as me:)

It's a scrum. (sp?) but let me tell you these dudes are not afraid to get up close and personal with each other....

Serious fans.....go Woody's!!!!

I secretly liked the striped team better, even though I was supposed to be cheering for my Eastwood homies. Maybe that's why they lost their first game of the season....oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment