Monday, May 28, 2012

Perhaps the smelliest place in Sydney

Ok, ok I know that this probably isn't the smelliest place in Sydney so don't feel the need to go out an indeed find the smelliest place. 1. Because I have no interest in going there. 2. Because that sounds like possibly the worst way to spend a Saturday ever. But anyways The Sydney Fish Market is definitely on the list of top 10. So.much.fish. 

In case you haven't figured it out I went to the fish market on Saturday. I had been looking forward to going, and was envisioning some delish fish and chips. Then my stomach was feeling kind of funky. Then I saw what looked like an ocean full of fishies and sea creatures on ice waiting to be lunches and dinners. Then I smelled all of these said creatures. And then fish and chips didn't actually sound that delish. So I bought some delicious foccia bread instead. Yep, went to the fish market and bought bread. Deal with it. But if you are wanting some seafood, let me tell you they have seriously the most seafood I have ever seen in my life. You can buy it straight off the ice and take it home or there are heaps of restaurants that will cook it up for ya right there. Seriously I should have taken pictures of people eating this food. People had massive plates of seafood and then piles of inedible bits and pieces that come attached to sea creatures people like to eat....it was kind of as disgusting as the smell. 

So while I probably did not appreciate the fish market to its full level of awesomeness, it is still pretty cool. And weirdly enough we don't have one in AZ....hm. maybe it has something to do with our proximity to any sizable amount of saltwater...

I just want to like oysters because they have shells....

Sea food has to be one of the most unappetizing things EVER.

They tried to make it pretty with the lemons and lettuce. they failed.


I passed this sign on my way home. Seriously, whaaa?????
And I promise it was a legitimate road sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment