Friday, January 27, 2012

SO.FREAKING.CLOSE.

I can't even begin to describe to you all how weird it is to think about leaving the country for 5 months in just 3 days...I moved, packed, have been saying goodbyes, getting everything in place for my time abroad, but I still can't really wrap my head around being gone for that long. I know that I will miss everyone like crazy and emails, skype, and Facebook make leaving so much easier than it would have been even 10 years ago but they are still not the same.  I know your lives will keep going and will be full of fabulous, fun, craziness that I won't be a part of. And maybe that's the scariest part for me.

But don't get me wrong as hard as it is to wrap my head around this giant adventure that lies in front of me, part of it is how ridiculously excited I am about meeting new people, seeing new things, and just enjoying everything that the next 5 months will bring!!! 

So here are some boringish photos....taken on my not-so-awesome iPhone camera. Because I forget to take my actual camera anywhere. And the truly photogenic moments of my life I usually forget to take pictures at all....as always, sincere apologies for the not-so-awesome quality of allllll the pictures that end up on my blog.

My empty apartment room...a.k.a Staci's new room:) After 1 and 1/2 years I'm not going to lie I got a little teary eyed leaving.

My closet. EMPTY....weird I know!!

......and its all back in my closet at my parent's house! (And yes this is after packing my suitcase for 5 months.....
disgusting amount of clothes. I know.)

Bought the beauties....but alas I am leaving them behind as well:(
Like how I post picture of all my stuff, but not of the people I am leaving behind who I will be missing waaaaaayyyyyy more than any of my clothes?? I promise it's not because I am completely shallow and material minded. (hopefully?) But really that's just how much I fail at taking pictures:(  

I'm thinking one more post before I say goodbye to U.S. soil....I'll try and make it a good one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment