Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Uni.

Uni=university. To speak Australian you basically cut off half of every word....kidding but for reals they shorten pretty much anything they want:) But I'm starting to get the hang of it!! And then someone will say something and I'll have not idea....but whatevs. I've started getting used to the accent which is actually sad, because then they don't sound as cool.

So after that lovely, rambling intro...back to uni.
Today was orientation. I made it to school and back all by myself, one of the most nerve racking experiences I've had in a long time...I'd take bungy jumping over today, any day. I went to catch the bus this morning and was nervous that: the bus wouldn't come, I'd get on the wrong bus, I wouldn't know where to get off, I'd get lost on campus, I'd be late.....anyways you get the idea. So the bus, of course, was running a little late and I finally saw a bus coming. Phew...big relief. right?? wrong. It turns out there is no magical dance to make a bus stop...just simply a wave. So I did my happy lil wave and....nothing. So I wave frantically again. The bus driver simply waves back and keeps driving. I'm on the verge of having a break-down on the street corner, when I look again and realize it was the wrong bus and wasn't meant to stop there at all. Instead I had just been frantically waving at a bus driver who probably thought I was mad. But my bus did come and I made it to orientation just fine. Met some cool people (most of the international students are from the states, but a few from Europe as well), watched an aborigine dance, got told heaps of mostly boring facts about Australia, and got my class schedule. As of right now I have classes from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday....so I am LOVING the idea of a 4 day weekend, however I do think I have to add another class. Hopefully that won't get in the way of my fabulous weekends!!!

And by now your like, "lame, I read this whole blog post and there are no pictures." Yep, sorry your just going to have to deal with it:) Soon the day is coming where my life will become soooo boring it won't even be worth blogging about period:)

Hope all is going well back home. Missing all of you!!! Send me an update on your lives so I don't have to catch up on 5 months worth when I get home. K. thanks:)

p.s. headed into the city tomorrow...so hopefully more exciting blog posts coming your way shortly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment