Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oooopps.

So I may be the worst blogger ever. My posts are not that fantastical. And not that often. (I just had to look and see when I posted last...and let me tell you a lot has happened since then)

I will play catch up a wee bit. I feel like I'm always saying that, so it is highly likely that I will finally get all caught up in 5 months when I'm back in the states:) kidding....hopefully.

Anyways, Thursday after orientation Andrea and I headed into downtown Sydney to do a bit of exploring. As we had sailed through the harbor on a ferry but had yet to explore it up close and personal
TADA!!! first of 5,000 pictures with the opera house.

"No we're not tourist....""

But this lady is!!!! check out the hat. for some reason all the tourist shops have these truly HORRID wide brimmed hats with corks hanging off all the way around?? (p.s. sorry if you are the proud owner of one of these hats...I still love you.)

Checking out "The Rocks". The historic part of downtown Sydney. This building used to be on the water's edge. So where Andrea's standing would have been the beach...it's now like 100 ft inland.

We thought about walking across....but its a REALLY big bridge.

Seriously one of the most photogenic buildings EVER.

I really want a mo-ped here....

Yep that's me awkwardly standing by the light post....

Little me..to show you how big it is when you're standing close.

Just because it's cool from every angle.

Me jumping for joy because we are going to see a play in the opera house on Monday.....PSYCHED!

Right before Andrea tripped going up the steps....yep we got skills.

An awesome jump holding down her skirt and not falling down the stairs.

Me: "Lets get a picture of both of us with the opera house in the background!"
and if you look closely its itty-bitty above our heads:)

More...just because I can:)

As it got hotter our poses got lamer.

I want a boat too.

We walked really far to Mrs.Macquaries chair. It was mostly a let down.

But we were good tourist and took pics anyways.

Because who can resist taking a picture with a pole that is holding up a rock??

After wandering the city most of the day we were hot and exhausted. But lucky me I had a free harbor cruise set up as part of my orientation. Although I was thisclose to not going because I was sooo tired. But since I am poor and since it was free I couldn't resist. So I waited around to start party rocking on my party rock themed welcome cruise while Andrea got to head home. I ended up being really glad I went. Met some awesome people. And some not so awesome ones...try putting 300+ college students on a boat with alcohol and its a given that some of them will get trashed. Mostly the American ones, so you will feel lame about being an American. But the European ones are pretty awesome:) The harbor is gorgeous at night. But unfortunately my pictures of it at night were truly horrid. lamesauce. Here are some of the better ones from the evening.
Louise, Yasmen, and I. Party rocking:)

We're on a boat. and it was awesome.

And this one is actually better.

Oh....and I picked out a house on the harbor for when I move here:) (no worries...I'm kidding mom!!!)

P.s. that one day I had to go to boring orientation Andrea got to go to a koala park!!! She said it was no Phoenix Zoo....but she did get to pet a Koala and a kangaroo!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment